Monday, November 8, 2010

4 months

4 months and she has changed a lot this month to me. She's just getting so big and her cheeks are getting bigger and I get giddy just thinking about kissing them, she's just so cute. I really am enjoying her and her sweetness. I told Mark that I feel like I can be a good mom to babies but then they grow up and I don't know what I'm doing! I think it's going to get harder the older they get in different ways and I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I think Mark probably gave me some pretty good advice tonight...lighten up! She really isn't doing too much differently but here are a couple things
At 4 months Leila
Isn't going as long at night anymore (6-8 hours for the last week or so, what's with that?)
weighs about 13 lbs.
Rolled over once, hasn't happened again
Is a little bit better on her tummy
Ate her first bowl of cereal.
Is doing better with a bottle.






I decided to start feeding Leila some cereal since she has regressed in the sleeping at night area. I was going to try and wait until 6 months to start her on solids but I think I'll sneak at least some oatmeal in earlier, we'll see how she sleeps tonight. The doctors keep changing things up with every kid so I'm starting to think I'll just do what I want...okay maybe not a great idea, all of you with newer babies, when did you start solids and what did you start with?


Good news is, she liked it...eventually!





Charlie and Kenya turned in their candy to a dentist and they each got $4 for their loot. They were pretty excited to take that money and put it towards a new toy. Kenya knew immediately what she wanted when we walked down the aisle, a Cinderella doll, no second guessing that one. Charlie however is a little more like me, mister undecisive. He kept going back and forth and I kept telling him to hurry, at one point he said "I just can't decide, there's too many things." Well he finally decided on a Kung Zhu pet. I'm not sure if this is a toy I should build on and he will actually play with it or if I should just leave it at the two that he now has, anyone's kids actually play with their zhu zhu pets?

I really don't know why I'm asking these questions, I think there's like 5 people that read this blog, or at least 5 that will occasionally comment.

7 comments:

Ross and Aubrey said...

Nik, I feel the same way about babies. I can handle them better, but when they turn 2 and start talking back to you....I don't know what I'm doing!!

:)

Cami said...

l can't believe how big Leila's looking! They grow up too fast. We hardly have any pictures of her and Scarlett together!

Hailey said...

I've never heard of the zhu zhu thing sorry wish I could help. I read your blog and am always excited to see what you are up to. Which reminds me I think your at disneyland this weekend. I will call you. Leila is adorable as are all your children. Hope to see you.

Chey said...

She is a cutie. I am the same on the Dr issue, they change things with each kid. My kids usually don't do solids until 6 months but I tried at 4 with kennedi. 1 month later she went back to nothing but milk until 8 months. Blah. I say do what you want. Zhu zhu pets. Also blah. My girls got them for x-mas last year and all of the junk that came with them is stacked in a corner. I wonder daily wheather to just throw it away.

Marissa said...

I am the opposite... I feel like I am terrible with babies but better with them the older they get! Newborns are so hard for me!!

Annie said...

Nik, I commented to let you know there are more than 5 people who read your blog... my comment makes 6!!
Your kids are so cute and little Leila is adorable, I need to come see her in person. Good luck on being a mom, i can handle the babies but the back talk and attitude needs to go!

Jen Hanson said...

Wow, it's been a while since I've looked at blogs. You are so on top of it! I am glad to know that Jesse isn't the only baby not sleeping through the night. Not that it matters now but we started Jess on solids right when he turned 4 months. I was hoping it would help him sleep better too. He now eats everything (fruits and veggies) and he loves it. He can't get enough! I thought I was going to wait until he was 6 months to feed him fruit and veggies but I gave him apple sauce and he took a four hour nap. I think he was finally full! I'm not expert but I'm just doing what he seems to be happy with!

We need to get together again, like the old days! It's been too long since we've done our little outings with the kids!