I don't really set New Years Resolutions but this year I have decided I want to appreciate my body better. It is so easy to focus on all the parts of your body that you want to change. I want to focus on everything that my body has allowed me and continues to allow me to do in my life. While I don't feel I've ever obsessed extremely over the way my body looks, I'm never completely satisfied and to be honest I'm not saying this goal is to BE completely satisfied with the way my body looks but rather to accept it, and to be GRATEFUL for it. I don't think I'll ever love the shape of my legs but I love that they have carried me through almost 30 years of life. I will never love my stretch marks but I love that my stomach has carried 3 healthy children and because of that I can accept that I may never have that tight stretch mark free stomach again. This doesn't mean I won't continue to strive for a better looking body but that I will stop complaining and comparing. I want my body to continue to carry me through this life and I believe that working out and eating healthy is a major role in that. My body is not perfect looking but it has served me well and for that I love it.
P.S. You know what got me thinking about this? American Idol last night. Did you see it? The boy who's fiancee got in an accident and suffered a traumatic brain injury? He's still by her side. Had me crying, got me thinking...
6 comments:
Oh man, I cried on that part too!! What a great guy, hope he makes it far.....
I've always thought you had a great figure, and that you take really good care of yourself!
I haven't watched Idol in years and started watching this season and saw that too! Tears flowing.... and in walks my husband, lol! He didn't even ask, just rolled his eyes and walked down stairs, ha! One of the sweetest stories I have ever heard!!
Remember stretch marks are merely mommy beauty marks:) I have so many I must be the most beautiful mom EVER, Lol!!
Yes, that part was very sad but very uplifting.
Can I just copy and paste this into my blog :)
I have had some of the same thoughts. We as women tend to pick at ourselves. We need to learn to appreciate ourselves more. I think we would be happier if we did.
Thank you Nikki, for sharing the pain I think we all share always wanting to look better and comparing ourselves to others. First off however you look great! I appreciate you sharing that goal with me. It makes me more grateful for the little things.
Post a Comment