Monday, October 17, 2011

Soccer Boy

Charlie really enjoyed playing soccer this year. It'll probably be his last year since he wants to start playing football next year which is too bad because he is starting to get pretty good. If you ask him, he'll tell you too. He's on the edge of confidence/cockiness, a little pet peave, cockiness has always turned me off. We're trying to get him to understand where the line is. At the same time he can be very hard on himself, saying stuff like "I'm not good at anything." So it's a delicate balance for me of building him up and keeping him humble. Hmmm....not easy.

Anyway, back to soccer. I think he scored at least one goal every game. He did great.



If one of his friends or he scored a goal they would do this.





Charlie hyper extended his knee when another kid ran into him, Mark had to grab him off the field, he was fine after a couple minutes.






Undefeated! A great season. I felt so bad though, their last game got rescheduled a couple times and I thought the message said their game was 6:30. We showed up at the field at 6:20 realizing that the game was at 5:30. Terrible, terrible mom moment. I felt awful. He was so excited to play in his last game. He played for one minute before it was over. At least he was there to get his medal and surprisingly he had a pretty good attitude about it when I told him how sorry I was and that it was my fault.

No comments: