Saturday, December 15, 2012

Potty Trained!

I decided it was time to get this little one potty trained.  My sister and I decided to take it on together one weekend, I read a book about potty training in three days and it had some good tips in there, I decided I'd try her method and was ready to stay home all weekend.  We started Friday out with putting panties on and getting the potty seat out.  She drank lots of juice, watched lots of show while I worked on the computer right next to her.  This method suggests just asking her if her panties are dry and telling her to tell me when she needs to go potty, instead of just putting her on the potty every 20 minutes or so.  We had about 3 accidents that morning and a lot of false alarms before she finally got it in the potty for the first time around lunch time.  Yay!  She says "Mommy, I went potty, I went yellow!" or "I went brown!"  It's a pretty cute way of describing it.  By Saturday she had a couple accidents, Sunday one, and after that she has pretty much been potty trained.  She has an accident here or there, usually it's just if she can't get her pants down in time, but she is pretty reliable with it and goes all on her own.  Such a relief!  A few months of no diapers will be great.
 I love those little buns in panties.

There was a lot of talking and sitting on the potty those first couple days.

No comments: