Sunday, February 1, 2009
Bear River Lodge
This weekend we had the opportunity to go up to Bear River Lodge with a bunch of our neighbors. One of our neighbors owns the place so he invited everyone up to go snowmobiling. We had a lot of fun! Mark has never been snowmobiling before and I hadn't ever done much outside of trails and roads on the back of someone else, so I was a bit nervous for a while! Mark's engine died within the first few minutes of our ride so they had to take him back to get a new one which left me without my crutch so I was anxious for him to get back! We went about 12 miles into the mountains through trails then we got to "play" in the powder. There was a lot of powder so my first attempt I got stuck. It took me a while to get the hang of it but Mark was a pro. He picks things up so fast. I did almost crash into John and Jen when we were on the trail though! It was pretty scary. I was driving behind them sort of sight seeing off to the side when they pulled over to help others that were stopped going the other direction. Well I didn't see that they stopped! I dodged Jen and instead of pushing the brakes I guess I pushed the gas (that's what Mark says who was behind me, it's all a bit of a blur to me, moment of panic :)) and sped right in between John and another snowmobile. Let's just say I was lucky. We spent all day on the mountain, it was so beautiful, blue skies and sunshine, as good as it gets in January! I've decided if you're going to survive the winter you have to embrace the winter sports to get you through! We had a great time playing games, eating food, and enjoying the company, the hot tub, and the break from being parents. Thanks Cami for watching our kids!
The whole group (almost, Mark was still making his way back with his new snowmobile.)

Jon and Jen Hanson. I should have told you guys to take your helmets off! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We're so glad you guys came! We had such a great time. I didn't know that it was Marks first time on a snowmobile. He really was a pro! Thanks for the great laugh with the close call! You two are such a fun couple!
Such a pretty view...
Looks like lots of fun!
Bear River is gorgeous, I'm glad you guys got to go. Snomobiling is harder than it looks especially in the powder. The gas and the break can easily be mixed up!! Can't wait to see you. Your house looks gorgeous I will have to come over while I'm in town...
Looks so fun... and so beautiful! We went skiing today & it reminds me why I used to like winter! :)
your welcome. glad you could get a "mom break" :)
Post a Comment