Monday, December 14, 2009

Phone Thief

The other day I was heading out the door when I couldn't find my phone so I called it to see where I had put it. After a couple rings I heard a little voice "Hello" it took me a second to realize it was Charlie but he wasn't upstairs or in his room or even in the house he was at preschool! He snuck my phone right as his ride came to pick him up. I remember him saying right before he left "Mom, Hallie has a real phone." I just kind of sad "oh really" knowing that she doesn't have a real phone, well he thought he was pretty cool. I said "Charlie what are you doing with my phone!" I could hear his teacher talking in the background and I told him to give it to her and turn it off, well he just sort of hung up on me! When I got home and told Mark what happened he said "I know! He called me about six times at work!" He knows that holding down the 7 will call his dad. I have a feeling this is just a taste of what's to come with this kid!

He does do some cute things too though to redeem himself. A couple weeks ago he was singing in my shower while I was getting dressed.

"Hello, hello, hello, hello, we welcome you today! To share with us in a primary day and we love you in a very special way!" I love listening to him sing the words to songs, he always has his own little version.

Thanks for keeping us on our toes bud!

3 comments:

Annie said...

thats hilarious!! what a smart, funny little boy you have... we'll have to keep an eye out for this guy:)

The Arbuckle's said...

I'm laughing so hard right now. That is a great story.

The Grossman Family said...

This is my favorite story right now. I've retold many times already.:)