
My neighbors yard had a nice little mud pond from all the rain we were getting, a perfect attraction for Charlie and his friends. They had a blast running through it and getting mud all over themselves.I love this kid. He is ALL boy with a little more boy on the side, (except for those times when he screams like a girl and throws fits like a drama queen.) But I hate when he does naughty boy things because that means we need to punish him which means he can't do his boy things with his friends which leads to me being tortured with those drama queen fits.
Yesterday Charlie decided with two of his scheming friends (well, maybe one was scheming with him, he's always getting into trouble with this one friend, the other one just does whatever anyone says to do I think), that it might be fun to pee in a windex bottle they found in the field, put a little dirt in it, and go spray it at cute little sidewalk chalk drawing Kenya and Kiley. Yeah, that's my boy. When Kenya came in and said "Chawlie sprayed us wif pee!" I just figured they were just saying it was pee. Nope, it really was pee. Luckily (for me, not Charlie), Mark was home and he dealt with him but he decided his punishment would be cleaning (yay) and not playing with friends for the rest of the week (boo). This is what Charlie hates the most, which is good, maybe he'll learn a lesson, but it's hard for me to have to keep him from playing with friends all day. We had lot's of those drama queen fits today. "But mom, how am I suppose to get all my energy out and get exercise?!" Oh boy.
After a couple chores at home Mark wanted me to bring him into his office and he put him to work there vacuuming, cleaning toilets, wiping tables.
So, do you think we were too hard on him? I am still trying to figure this parenting thing out. What would you do?
4 comments:
I think you guys did the right thing.
I only have a 3 year old, so I can still put her in time out and it works! I don't know what I'd do with an older one!
I think you're doing a great job! :)
Jeff told me about that yesterday. CRAZY! I would totally ground my kid from friends for doing that.
Oh NO! This is seriously too funny...I'm laughing, but I also know that I would be soooo mad if one of my kids did this.
Maybe just say that if he does another 'stupid' stunt like that again, with the friend he always gets in trouble with, then he can't hang out with that kid. But it's his choice (I'm reading love and logic...)
You were NOT too hard on him. You have to punish him with whatever will 'get to him'. If it's friends, then I would ground him too. He will of course learn now!
Our boys could seriously be good friends. Max is ALL boy too, but yep...he screams like a girl and throws drama queen fits too!!!
Good luck with the week of no friends. This is like punishment for you :)
Oh my gosh! Boys are crazy! I think you guys did a good job with the discipline! Sometimes it's harder on you to punish your kids than it is on them. It's exhausting!!! Good job!
Post a Comment