Charlie's end of year program. They acted out play's that classmates had written and sang some songs. It was cute. There are a lot of first graders!
I recorded a little bit of a couple of his songs
Kenya really wanted to get on the stage with the kids.
 |
| First day of first grade. |
 |
Last day of first grade.
I'm so proud of Charlie this year. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before on here but he got asked to switch classes in the middle of the year and join a new first grade class that they had decided to add. He said he was okay with it so I let the school switch him. It was a struggle and an adjustment. Especially with his spanish teacher. One night he was crying to us about it because he didn't want to go to school, he said his spanish teacher was mean, and he wasn't learning anything, he was going to think time a lot and acting out. Mark gave him a blessing and we talked about seeing if we should try to switch him back to his old class, it was about March at this point. We decided to talk to his teachers and if it wasn't a major problem then we didn't want him to think he could get out of hard situations so easily. His english teacher was great and gave him a lot of praise and said they were working with the spanish teacher, basically teaching her how to be a teacher to little kids. Well, after that point things turned around. he never went to think time again and he started liking school, including spanish, again. There's no doubt in my mind that the blessing helped, and I'm proud of him for sticking it out and turning a bad situation into a good one. I put a little card expressing some of this to him with a box of skittles and a new swim suit on his bed on his last day. He came down after finding it and said "Thanks mom! You didn't have to do that you know." :) Sweet boy.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment