Awww, California...every February I just need to get out of Utah. It's becoming a necessity. Wether it's with my kids or without I hope to be able to do something every year. This year my brother Jared wanted to take his girls to Disneyland, we found an amazing deal on a timeshare that Jared and Mark's work has and where we've stayed at before so we just couldn't pass it up. I was a little nervous trying to do Disney 30-31 weeks pregnant but wasn't about to miss out either. I mentioned to Mark that I thought we'd have to break up the drive though because I have a hard time sitting for a long time. My tailbone starts to hurt really bad and it's just uncomfortable, plus stopping for me to go to the bathroom every couple hours. Mark did not like that idea. He is a nazi road trip driver and likes to get there as fast as he can. He mentioned that maybe I should just fly and I of course was not going to object. My mom was nice enough to even book me a flight with her sky miles. Mark left Friday morning and I flew out that night, a whole day to myself was a little extra bonus which I took advantage of and got a massage. It was wonderful. I was definitely having some anxiety though with them driving, me flying, and us not all traveling together. Grateful we all got there safely and Mark in record time. 9 hours 45 minutes, with some traffic. :)
Our first day we headed to the beach. It was warm but cloudy, anything felt good though compared to what we were use to back home. Charlie still got in the ocean while the girls were a little more timid and played mostly in the sand.
After the beach we went back to the hotel and headed to the pool. Leila had fun with the bubbles in the hot tub.
We spent the next day doing the same thing, beach then pool. This day the sun was shining a little bit more, Kenya got brave and went into the ocean with Charlie to get hit by some waves.
She came back for Leila's floaties and her goggles but didn't make it very far. She was freezing so I wrapped her up in her towel and her and Leila laid down and caught some sun rays with me.
They had a lot of fun jumping off this little ridge.
Little beach bums. Another great day.












No comments:
Post a Comment