Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter

We started off the weekend with our annual neighborhood Easter egg hunt.  Our ward has been split and it's in the other neighborhood which is a different ward now.  It's always good to see friends we haven't seen in a long time but there's also a lot of new people building and moving in, so there are a lot of people we don't get to know since we're not in the same ward anymore.  Sad.  



The Easter Bunny made his appearance.  Cora wouldn't look at him, Leila wouldn't go near him and was balling, Kenya loved him, and Charlie was too cool to even be near us the whole morning. :(


We dyed our eggs...








The Easter Bunny came.




I waited until after church to try and get a picture which was a bad idea.  Cora was asleep and Charlie had undressed in the car.  I was really annoyed!  I took a quick pic of Kenya and Leila and took some of the kids out in the backyard playing with our baby chicks.  Kenya is scared of them but Leila loves them and Charlie loves to play or pester them. 











Their names are Goldie and Pennie (or penguin)










Love those photo bombers. :)


 Once Cora woke up we took some more photos.













And this was the following week on Sunday.  The kind of all matched so I snapped a picture and I'll just have to pretend it was Easter Sunday. :)

I am so grateful for Easter and the time I get to reflect on our Saviors Atonement.  I hope my kids are getting it.  I'm trying to do more things that will help focus on our Savior instead of the Easter Bunny.  It's hard sometimes, kids get so distracted but I think simplifying helps and planning ahead for lessons.  There were some great videos on LDS.org this year that we watched as a family.  Videos really work well with them and the church is doing an amazing job with them!








No comments: