Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday

Our Easter Sunday was a bit hectic too. I think next year we might switch things around so that we do the Easter Bunny stuff on Saturday so we can focus on the spiritual aspect of Easter more on Sunday. I feel our kids missed the point this year, yes they're young but I felt like I was so focused on the Easter Bunny this year too that I missed the point. Thankfully I got to listen to some great talks and lessons on Sunday that helped fill my spiritual cup but Mark and I just felt like we didn't do a great job this year on that part. We had FHE tonight on the atonement and resurrection so that helped too but next year I think we'll try and focus more on Christ and not the Easter Bunny. That being said it was still a nice Easter. The kids were excited to see what the Easter Bunny left and find their eggs. Kenya got a new hooded towel, princess Tiana little doll stuff and a kite. Charlie got a new monster truck that does tricks, a new piggy bank, and a kite. And they all got new Easter outfits. The kids had SO much candy from their egg hunts that I didn't really give them any candy, I mostly put coins in their hidden eggs. I recorded this year which means there are no pictures of that, whoops! We all enjoyed much needed naps in the afternoon and went to my dad's for dinner that night.










3 comments:

Chey said...

Cute cute pics in the front yard. Love that my girls are front and center in all the pics annoying the bunny. Too bad for him.

Britney said...

You have such a beautiful family! I love your girls dresses!

I'm so jealous that you guys have a neighborhood Easter party...Our neighbors are all old and are never even outside. Sad for us.

Amy said...

Cute pics! So sorry to hear about Charlie's arm. What a bummer!! I can't believe he was so tough!