Thursday, February 9, 2012

Costa Maya and Last Day at Sea

I was excited to have a nice relaxing day on the beach in Costa Maya and that we did, although we had to be back on board at 2:30 which cut the day way too short. I could've been on that beach for many more hours. We finagled a guy down quite a bit to pay for our way to an "all inclusive" beach (ride, lounge chairs, drinks, kayaks, restrooms, paddle boat). The sun broke through the clouds shortly after we got there and we had a great time.

This cracks me up.




Paige, Lynette and I had many attempts at getting some "cute" pics on the beach. It's a little difficult with 3 girls in their 30's trying to be satisfied with one picture where everyone looks good. These will have to do.




We decided to have some fun jumping off the dock, and we did.






Not quite what they use to look like! :)


Taxi ride back to the ship.



Goodbye Costa Maya. The water was so turquoise over by the ship.


We had another formal night at dinner that night...



Paige, aka "peggy" got up and danced with Marco our waiter. She couldn't resist when "Apple bottom jeans" came on.

The last day we plopped ourselves on the ship deck and mosted of us toasted our skin and snoozed. Mark had seen the sun long enough (it took him approximately 2 days to look nice and brown, so not fair) and read in the shade. He and Nate played some basketball too.


Around 5:00 we finally gave in and headed inside to get our gym fix and get ready for the last night on ship.




Mark chose frog legs for one of his appetizers. Tastes like chicken!

Our last dinner and our final night of dancing. So sad it was over.



In the morning Mark and I took our time getting off the ship. We had the whole day until our flight left at 6:00 so we rented a car and headed out to a huge mall followed by some outlet shopping. The only way I got away with that is that my birthday was in a week so I got to use the birthday excuse. We didn't arrive home until 1:00 am, long travel day. We had so much fun we forgot to sleep so we've been catching up ever since. :)

Here's a video of us trying to do synchronized side dives. Notice how Paige and I (first two) just end up jumping off basically while the guys all do side slaps, except Mark who just turns and does a regular dive. Pretty funny

No comments: