Sunday, April 14, 2013

First Days Home

     I love the newborn stage, they grow up so fast.  It also can be hard to enjoy it though when you're trying to recover from having a baby, emotionally and physically plus taking care of three other kids.  I feel like I've had great help so far and am so thankful for my family, friends, and neighbors that have been thinking of us and helping us out.  My mom came to stay Monday-Friday the week after I had Cora.  She was a huge help and cooked and baked almost all day long.  It was so nice not to have to worry about food for a week.  

My sunshines.  Good morning!







Here are some pictures my siblings sent me of Charlie with all his cousins in Vail.  We were sad to miss out this year but it was nice to have one less child for those first few days.  We missed him though, I think Mark was feeling a little out numbered with all the girls in the house. :)
 Charlie has been so good with Cora.  He loves to hold her.


Sweet little smile.


Leila would say at first "I onna hold it! "  She's now moved on from "it" to "baby", "I onna hold da baby mom!"  She lasts for about 10 seconds then she says "done baby mom." 






More snuggles


She has been a really good baby so far once my milk came in.  Sleeping 3-5 hours at night and nursing well.  I just forget how long it takes me to feel normal.  Seems like I get over one thing and something else is causing a problem.  I just have to remember six weeks, things seem to be a lot better at six weeks.  Seems far away.

My outings include sitting outside and watching Leila ride her bike and wiggle car and that's about it.  I did get to go to lunch one day with my mom and Cami too.  I'm going a little stir crazy but don't want to do too much or this bleeding will never stop.
 Leila went to Emerson's for a play date, she got out of the car, ran up to the door and knocked all by herself.  She's becoming so independent and seems so big since I brought Cora home.  


 I love all the faces babies make.  She was full on asleep when she was making those big smiles.


First bath after her cord fell off.  Kenya was documenting it so the pictures are all blurry.  She was not happy, I finally brought up the baby tub and she did much better in that. After this traumatizing experience she slept 6 1/2 hours that night so maybe I should do it again. :)

 Little furrowed face.

 Having some Leila time. 

 Love when she does the kissy lips.

Mark was gone all day and night a couple days.  We survived all right with my moms help.  Friday night we had a family movie night, we were all outside and I told the kids to come in and we could watch a movie.  Charlie had mowed the front yard and was starting on the back (all voluntary on his part.)  He didn't want to come in to watch the movie, he wanted to finish.  I think a big part of it was knowing how impressed dad would be when he got home.  He ran out of gas though and couldn't restart it so he came in and finished the movie with us.  He finished the whole thing on Saturday.  Good  kid.  Loving Leila's hair while watching the movie.







No comments: