Sunday, March 30, 2014

chicks

We were wanting chickens again this year but were planning on getting some that were a few weeks old.  Mark's always thought chicks would be too much work.  Well one Saturday Mark went to run some errands and took Charlie and Leila with him.  He came home with a surprise, two baby chicks!  He said Leila saw them and he couldn't say no to her. :)  She loves these little girls.  We named them Pennie (or Penguin because she looks like a penguin), and Goldie.  For the first few days she would randomly go out and hold them.  One day she came back in with a big red spot on her arm.  She said the chickies bit her but the spot kept getting bigger and more red.  I put some lavender oil on it and was baffled as to how it was so big, then she told me "acshily....the big red light did it."  I guess she accidentally touched the warming light with her arm.  Ouch!  She must have thought she was going to get in trouble?  Poor thing, I was surprised she wasn't bawling, it was a pretty good burn!








No comments: