Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rainbow Smiles

We celebrated Kenya's birthday a few days late with friends and family. Luckily the rain let up by the time the party started and it turned out to be a great day. I saw this rainbow cake a few months back and fell in love with it, luckily Kenya was happy with the idea of a rainbow party and loves her Rainbow Brite doll, something about rainbows just make you want to smile. :)





See, doesn't that cake just brighten your day? :)


This little girl also brightens my day.







We got her a wagon and she got a bunch of other fun things from everyone else!

Somehow all the guests got away before I thought about snapping everyone's pictures. It's a lot of work to be the party planner, host, cook, baker, photographer, videographer, and mom...my pictures suffered because of it. :( I also forgot to hand out the candy bags and balloons to the kids before they left, so if any of you want a balloon or some candy you know where to find it.

Mark let Charlie mow the lawn a few days back and he's been dying to show me ever since. Mark actually got him on video saying how bad he wants to mow the lawn and how he'll do it every week so he can play it back to him someday! :)


Charlie was anxious to get the wagon out, after seeing the way he took Kenya on a ride in the wagon I decided it would be best to put a helmet on her. He did slow down long enough for her to pick some flowers (weeds). :)

6 comments:

Marissa said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that cake :) SO cute!

Jen Hanson said...

Your cake turned out so cute. I love the skittles!!! She looks so cute all decked out in her birthday clothes!

Amy said...

You're such a great mom for making that awesome cake! I cheated and let costco do it for me this year! Cooking is getting pretty hard for me to do since my massive belly doesn't really get me close enough to any of the counters, ha!

The Arbuckle's said...

That cake is awesome!! I love the rainbow theme as well.

Looks like she had a great party.

Olivia Booth said...

Oh my gosh! That is so cute! I am so sad I missed it! How did you do all of those colors...you are so creative! She is getting so big. Love ya.

Hailey said...

I can't get over how much she reminds me of you! I am way impressed with that cake. Good job. She is adorable. Three years already where does the time go and now your getting ready for number three. Let me know if anything happens! Talk to you soon.