Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween Week

This is one long post and it's taken me many nights. Halloween week is always a crazy one, this one stayed true to form. We started the week out with dinner with the missionaries in our backyard with the Johnson's. Tuesday was Kenya's dance/tumbling party and production. She got to dress up, we got to watch the last ten minutes of each class which means I was back and forth several times in the 2 hour time span.


We love when she does this move.




Wednesday morning Kenya had her preschool program. She knew all the songs and wasn't shy at all. In the picture below she has spotted Leila coming towards her. They were getting ready to start and she said "Miss Lisa! This is my baby!" Later in the middle of the show she blurts out after a song "Miss Lisa," Lisa being so sweet says "Yes Kenya?" "Is this the last day of school?" "Nope, it's not." Don't know where that one came from. :)




We've heard this song a lot over the years...
"See my great big scary eyes?"

"Watch out now for a big surprise....BOO!"



This is Cruz, Kenya can not stop talking about him. She tells me when she got to sit by him and when she didn't, if he was nice to her, asks me when she can play with him. She made sure to introduce me to him at their program and his mom because I keep telling her "I don't know his mom, I can't call him to see if he can play." Now she thinks I know his mom so he can come play. She's also said she kissed him on the cheek. She keeps asking me to see this picture on the camera too.


She insisted that she wanted to be a mad witch with a green face. I had to laugh when she put these teeth in too.



That night was the ward Trunk or Treat. The elders quorum got to put it on this year which meant I was flying solo that night. Our ward is huge, there were a ton of people there. It was chaos but the kids look forward to it and had fun. Charlie had a basketball game that night at 8:00, he left early with Brock and we headed out as soon as we could to watch, (minus Mark since he had to clean up).

Yeah, Leila wanted none of the picture taking. She just wanted to pick up the little pumpkins.


On Thursday Kenya got to dress up for her second preschool, I talked her into no makeup and the other witch costume of Cami's that was much cuter. Once she tried it on and realized it wasn't "itchy" like the other one she was all over it. I started helping Cami make a cake for Sailor's big 12th birthday. It took a couple days of working on it but it turned out cute.

On Friday Charlie got to dress up for a parade at school! This is the first year his school has allowed them to dress up so it was exciting. I was planning on going to watch it but Kenya started throwing up in the middle of the night. Mark took my spot and took this picture at the parade. Charlie gave up on his helmet, the chin strap kept breaking. He never wore his shoulder pads, they bugged him so his costume didn't reach it's full potential, oh well. He would wear the jersey every day (and tries to most days) if I'd let him.
So Friday I had a sick child, I was sick (really, really congested), and we had to finish the cake. I lubed me and Kenya up with essential oils all day and night and by the morning we both felt much better.



Saturday- It was the last weekend Lagoon was open so I felt like we HAD to use our passes one last time. I had one hour in the morning to squeeze it in so I took it and ran. Charlie missed out, he was at a friends and I didn't have time to go get him so I just took Kenya. She is so fun to take places, the excitement doesn't end and she was happy just to go for an hour. Her favorite rides are the "scary" rides. She always wants to go and Charlie doesn't so we hit the Dracula's castle first.
On Dinosaur Drop.

I know I look lovely, no makeup, barely out of pajamas. It was Lagoon on a Saturday morning. Plus I had an appointment for a massage and facial to go to, I had a gift certificate from Mark for Mother's Day that was about to expire so I had to schedule it for this day too, add it to the craziness. Actually a little bit of heaven in all of the craziness. It was just what I needed. That should be mandatory for mom's every couple months at least. That night we had the second annual Grand Witch's Council party to attend, this year hosted by Mildred Hubbard (an anonymous neighbor aka Cheryle and Katie we came to find out.) It did not disappoint, well it sort of did since we didn't win, we got stuck on the last two clues forever, but it was still a blast.


I thought this would be a good costume to run around in, with a warm coat too. Yes, it still fit but it just didn't look quite the same. :)
Mark and Jeff and me and Chelsa. Can you see them?
Our team, the Venomous Vampires.

Finally Halloween came and now I'm sick with a fever and nausea. I mustered up the strength to do a little art project with the kids and some paint but I must have been sick of Halloween because we made q-tip fall leaf trees and hand print turkeys.

I got a call from my neighbor Shea that day, I answered the phone and she said "There is a huge snake in my garage!!" She was freaking out. I ran over there with my kids and she had a huge snake (huge for around here, probably 2 ft long and 2-3 inches thick,) pinned with a broom at the bottom of her garage stairs. She was paralyzed with fear. I had just swept a much smaller snake out of my garage a few days earlier so I grabbed another broom, shuddered with grossness a couple times and swept the snake out of the garage and across the street. After deciding I couldn't get myself to chop it with a shovel because it was so big I threw it into the field across the street with shovel instead. What a fun Halloween treat.

That night we had my family over for dinner before trick or treating. I still wasn't feeling great so I went out for a little bit with everyone but went home with Leila while Mark finished up the trick or treating.


We switched Leila's costume so she could be the witches black cat.



It's kinda hard to pick stuff up when you're a picture.

My dad and his girlfriend Christine.
Kenya was always one house behind the gang.



I put Mark in charge of pics for a minute, I wanted him to take some pics with the neighbor kids. I got Leila and Carter.


Cute one of Carter though!

The ref and the football player.



And one pooped kitty (and mom).

2 comments:

Chey said...

Um, looks like your week was just as crazy as mine plus you did it while being sick. So good job! Can you email the pics from the Witch Council, they turned out cute. Love the cake you made also.

Britney said...

Fun week. I was sick to on Halloween, sucks bad. But you still did an art project, your a way better mom. I took a nap :)

Cute pics of the Witch Council. I can't find Chey and Jeff anywhere. :)