Discovering Christmas morning...
Leila's Santa gift.
We had church at 9:00 so the kids did their stockings and 1 gift, then we ate and got ready for church. Once they were ready we let them open one more gift and we were off to church, what torture! It was worth it though, I'm glad we didn't rush through the morning and had something to look forward to after church.
After church I wanted one family picture before everyone changed and got distracted with gifts. Well, you know how that goes. Kenya wouldn't look at the camera, then she started crying because we "hurt her feelings" by probably saying something like you better look at the camera if you want to open your presents. She wouldn't stop so we gave up and Mark convinced me that it was a better "real" moment anyway than a bunch of fake smiles.
"Kenya, just look at the camera and smile." I love how Mark is looking at me like I'm some psycho mom. Maybe I am.
Daddy tried to console her, Simba made it all better though. She was SO excited when she opened this. She loves The Lion King and talks about Simba a lot.
Mark and Charlie opened the family gift, an xbox 360 with kinect. This is genuine excitement from both of them, love it.
Charlie was very calm while opening this, he wasn't sure if it was going to be a DS or an ipod touch. It wasn't until he opened the case he realized it was an itouch and was thrilled.
Just because I think it's fun to look back and see what you got for Christmas (I wish I could have a list of what I got as a kid, hmm, maybe I do some years in my journals...) I'm going to start recording the gifts given.
Charlie's Christmas gifts- ipod touch(Santa), ihome, head phones, snowboarding helmet, church clothes and shoes, Utah shirt, Vans, Roald Dahl books, receiver gloves, kinect sports (oma).
Kenya's Christmas gifts- Nala and Simba stuffed animals, Cinderella and prince (santa), prince Phillip, American Girl Doll Julie (Santa), snow clothes, twinkle toes, Jenga, a couple new outfits, wardrobe for dolls and some doll clothes (oma), snow white little girl doll.
Leila's Christmas gifts- Shopping cart, new dresses, twinkle toes, Rapunzel magnetic dress up doll (for Kenya too), new binkies and sippy cups, some preschool prep dvd's, and books (oma).
Mark got a new Utah sweatshirt, a popcorn machine for the basement, sonic care toothbrush (one for me too), framed family pictures for his office, some new shoes and shirt.
I got some work out clothes, a garmin watch (finally! yeah, I bought it for myself from a friend but it counts as Christmas. :)) pj's, and a book and dvd on how to use my camera. We didn't get each other much this year since we had just gone to California, plus Santa gave us such a fun family gift with the xbox. :)
That's it for the pictures. We had a nice dinner with my family and a cozy evening at home with some kinect playing with our kids that night. I loved going to sacrament that morning. I kind of wish that happened every year, it was nice to remember the real reason for Christmas and be touched with the spirit.
Merry Christmas!
-The Holbrooks
1 comment:
What a fun Christmas! I bet your kids were in heaven!
Post a Comment