I think I've said it before, New Years has kind of been a drag holiday most of my life. It's like you're anticipating something great but usually something great isn't going on, or maybe what should be great in most peoples mind isn't really my kind of great. :) Well, I've come to realize that I don't like a huge crowd, or lots of people that I don't know so for the last couple years we've kept it simple and hung out with a couple of our neighbors and friends, and I might just be starting to like New Years now. :) We got a babysitter for a couple hours so we could all go to dinner (Mikado was the choice this year, yummy sushi!) After dinner we came back to our home and our kids played games, watched movies, ran around, fell asleep (well only one) while we hung out and eventually played some golf (the card game that is), ate fondue and chips and dip, and enjoyed some bubbly and a few New Years kisses. I know it doesn't sound that exciting but that's my kind of New Years.

Chelsa, me, and Amy. It was Chelsa's birthday, next year we won't rely on Jeff to have a cake for her. :)

Lovin this picture of the boys and their fondue.

Kennedi and Charlie eventually came downstairs and hung around us while playing their own games.

The mormon drink.

Watching the count down.
This is where our "crazy" sets in...

Drinking straight out of the bottle and kissing our spouses. We all had to take a few pics of the kissing to get it right, ours still is retarded. :)




I couldn't stop laughing.


Hope that doesn't gross any of you out!

12:35, still bright eyed, the party ended right about then. I was grateful for 11:00 church the next day, that Mark didn't have meetings and helped me with the kids, that Leila had her first day of nursery and did great, that after church we all took naps, and that the crockpot made us dinner that night. Happy New Year!
2 comments:
such a fun new years.
That was a really creamy kiss. So romantical!!
Post a Comment