Sunday, January 15, 2012

Snow!

It finally snowed around here! We woke up last Saturday morning and had quite a few inches. It was a fun surprise for the kids. I was suppose to go running that morning and when I saw the snow I didn't think we'd go but we decided to go anyway, (well, Cami and Keri made the decision, I just went along because I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have been my decision!) I'm glad I did though, it felt good and really wasn't a big deal running through some slush. We even got sprayed by a few cars, lucky us. When I got back Mark had all the kids outside playing in the snow. Leila's first time out in the cold stuff, she loved it.



We have no hills around us. This is the sad little hill that the kids were sliding down made from the snow plow.






Next time we will take them to a better hill.


We came inside, drank hot chocolate and got warm. Mark and I took Charlie to a friend's baptism and when we got back the kids went back outside. Kenya wanted to build a snowman so I went out and helped her. His name was Frosty of course. She loves that song and the movie.

After plowing a few neighbors driveways with his new four wheeler plow Mark helped with the finishing touches on Frosty. Charlie was of course off with his friends.



Caught her tasting a couple times.



Our Frosty.



Charlie and Kenya played outside for about 3 hours! It was getting dark and they still didn't want to come in. At one point Charlie came in and said "Kenya knocked Frosty over and she was crying but we made her feel better." I went out there and Frosty was gone. She was trying to give him a hug. Her and Kylie were "rebuilding" him though.


A few minutes after that they had him turned into Rudolph with a red cap for his nose and the sticks for antlers. They were singing "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer." It was pretty darn cute.

No comments: