Every day I have about two hours in between Cora's naps to get anything done outside of the house that I need to. Luckily Leila loves going to the "Stole" with me. This week we went to the Halloween stores two or three times trying to get everything we needed for costumes and she LOVED them. Now every time I say we're going to the store she says "I want to go to the scary store!" or "Are we going to the punkin store?"
After going to the scary store we stopped at Cafe Rio for lunch. Cute little lunch dates.
We have these horses as our backyard neighbors. Found Kenya with her friends feeding this one one afternoon.
Leila gathered many of my decorations, when I said "Leila you need to put them back." She said "but they want to watch the show!" So they sat there and watched the show with her. Maybe she needs more friends?
Halloween sugar cookies have become our little tradition. One that I sometimes dread. The dough is kind of a pain to make and all the frosting and all the colors, then the kids don't seem super interested in decorating and it ends up being a lot of work. This year was different though. They were all very involved and excited about it. I used cutlers cookie dough, still made the frosting but they really had a good time cutting them out and decorating them. It was a lot less work for me. A lot of things are just more fun now that they're getting older I think.
Mark was sneaking cookie crumbs to Cora. Didn't want her to feel left out.
She had a good little mustache.
Leila is a good snuggler. I can't help but snap some pictures when she snuggles with me and acts silly. I love it.
Dad trying to get all the kids upstairs to bed.
He did it. Love the smiles on these kids. Dad is fun.
Leila takes naps every couple days now. When she was a baby I used to stroke her face as I sang to her. As she got older she would grab my hand and put it to her face if I didn't do it. Mark too. She doesn't do it all the time anymore but she will when she's really tired I've noticed. She use to always want "Twinkle Twinkle" or "God" but now it's "Sunshine," just like my other kids. A lot of nights Charlie will still ask me to sing him a song. Even though a lot of times I just want them to go to bed if he asks I'll always do it, I know it won't last forever. I'll hang onto that as long as I can, it's about the only "momma's boy" thing he does.
Little Cora's first time in the big tub. I love bath time. The bumbo has been working great for this and Leila loves having a friend since Kenya is gone in the morning. It's entertaining for both of them and gives me some time to get ready.























No comments:
Post a Comment